Author Topic: Magazine Article Ideas  (Read 76493 times)

Online parnote

• PCLinuxOS Magazine Editor
    • The PCLinuxOS Magazine
Re: Magazine Article Ideas
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2011, 11:39:47 AM »
maybe those articles also can be placed on pclinuxoshelp.com (knowledge base)

It is my hope that ALL of the magazine's informative articles make it to the Knowledge Base as soon after publication as possible.

parnote
PCLinuxOS Magazine Chief Editor

Linux Registered User #485009

In a world without walls, who needs Windows?

PCLinuxOS Wiki: Contribute tips/tricks/how-to's!

Offline Archie

• Global Moderator
  • Super Villain
  • Eureka! PCLinuxOS!
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
Darnit! He skipped through my proposal ;)

Well at least MeeMaw had a follow-up. ;D

@MeeMaw, I think it would be spectacular if the mag features the PCLOS man himself first.

Online parnote

• PCLinuxOS Magazine Editor
    • The PCLinuxOS Magazine
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »
And it was with good reason I skipped over your suggestion, Archie!   ;) :D ;D
PCLinuxOS Magazine Chief Editor

Linux Registered User #485009

In a world without walls, who needs Windows?

PCLinuxOS Wiki: Contribute tips/tricks/how-to's!

Offline Archie

• Global Moderator
  • Super Villain
  • Eureka! PCLinuxOS!
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
Hmmm, I was suggesting a centerfold of a user's rig! Featured desktop running PCLinuxOS by a PCLinuxOS user. Not a screenshot but the whole rig. Maybe a multimedia center, maybe a high-end 4 x Quad Core ...

I can think of Ruben's rig.

What did you think I was proposing?  ;D

I would submit mine but it's pretty average so sorry MeeMaw ... we'd have to look at someone else's!

glamdering

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2011, 01:30:07 AM »

I would like to suggest an article (maybe a series?) dealing with a PC and/or Laptop, with Win 7 pre-installed .......  and instructions to the new user who is not familiar with hardware or software, outlining the approach to use to successfully manage a dual boot installation of PCLOS.

I'd be glad to work on that. But, I would need a PC or laptop with Windows7 installed ...

Well, I have a laptop like that currently somewhere here (don't use it myself....)
=> possibly, I can use that one as example to remove all traces of win7, and let PCLinuxOS playing in full joy over the laptop...  :D
But at the moment no time at all (maybe within 4 months or so?) - and my English is not that good too...  ::) (however, it would be possible if someone "cleans" it up a little bit)
=> but if someone sooner has some time to accomplish such thing, that would be excellent  8)

If you do start writing it and if you want you can share it with me and I might be able to help some.  I actively dual boot Win7 and have done a lot of resizing/installing on partitions with Win7. I normally don't have any time at all to contribute due to college and when I do I try to contribute to the game zone section, but I do find some time here and there.

I'm actually currently helping someone and came across and odd issue of bad sectors on the HDD that may be worth adding.

Hmmm, I was suggesting a centerfold of a user's rig! Featured desktop running PCLinuxOS by a PCLinuxOS user. Not a screenshot but the whole rig. Maybe a multimedia center, maybe a high-end 4 x Quad Core ...

I can think of Ruben's rig.

What did you think I was proposing?  ;D

I would submit mine but it's pretty average so sorry MeeMaw ... we'd have to look at someone else's!

Like the internals of the computer or the whole system?

Offline Archie

• Global Moderator
  • Super Villain
  • Eureka! PCLinuxOS!
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2011, 02:31:48 AM »
The whole external system. I'm sure there's not that many who goes through all the trouble of setting up a "computer room" most of us can only dream about.

Offline rubentje1991

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Rubenus Parvus MCMXCI
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2011, 06:19:19 AM »
Well, my pc is just in my bedroom - no separate place (going to restyle it next months => my mother is asking that for ages, so now finally I'm going to change it....  ::)); and best so I'd take pictures of the computer case now, because I'm planning to place it somewhere underneath my desk (barely visible...)  8)
OK, I am very satisfied with my machine at the moment (it fulfills my needs and expectations completely), but I'm sure there are better rigs around here  :P
However, it would be nice to see on what machines PCLinuxOS is running - also the really old ones (that's even more nice in my opinion)...

=> do you mean, the overall setup; then opening the case to see how people manage(d) or install(ed) the computer parts.... and then of course which version of PCLinuxOS, with what partitions, configs, purpose of the machine, etc...?

djohnston

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2011, 06:32:17 AM »
The whole external system. I'm sure there's not that many who goes through all the trouble of setting up a "computer room" most of us can only dream about.
I like this one. Saw it on Diaspora.

http://wirecase.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Computer-265027958

Offline rubentje1991

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Rubenus Parvus MCMXCI
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »

OK, that one wins  :D

Neal

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2011, 07:04:27 AM »

+1  ;)     

glamdering

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »

Just need to install PCLinuxOS over Win7  ;D

Offline Meemaw

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

@MeeMaw, I think it would be spectacular if the mag features the PCLOS man himself first.

You notice I didn't ask WHAT you were volunteering!!!  System set-ups would be cool.....

;D ;D ;D
PCLinuxOS Magazine Asst. Editor

We miss you, Joble!  (R.I.P. 10/13/11)
We miss you, Tara-Rain-9.5ß!  (R.I.P. 8/28/16)
We miss you, Sproggy! (R.I.P. 12/23/19)

Offline Archie

• Global Moderator
  • Super Villain
  • Eureka! PCLinuxOS!
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »

You notice I didn't ask WHAT you were volunteering!!!  System set-ups would be cool.....

;D ;D ;D

Family forum, sweetie! I may be naughty at times ... I suspect the mods got their eyes on me from my Monthly Screenshots ;D

Did you thing I meant Playboy, Hustler centerfolds? That ought to thrill Tex! But nope not that.

Something like this (from Google Images) ... could be dual/multi-boots ... or just PCLOS.

I think this idea would be a cool addition IF we can find users with similar slightly humble or obscenely better setups.

Offline Meemaw

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »
Awesome shots, Archie!!! We all wish at least one of those was ours!!!

;D

No, Archie, this family forum and magazine are much better than that ....  :)
PCLinuxOS Magazine Asst. Editor

We miss you, Joble!  (R.I.P. 10/13/11)
We miss you, Tara-Rain-9.5ß!  (R.I.P. 8/28/16)
We miss you, Sproggy! (R.I.P. 12/23/19)

Offline rubentje1991

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Rubenus Parvus MCMXCI
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2011, 07:14:33 AM »
Well; I'm staying with 1-2 displays on my desk  :)
However, I'd like to try some white led backlight behind my main screen - have seen it different times now; maybe in the near future  ::) :P ;D