Author Topic: LXDE windows theme? SOLVED  (Read 263 times)

Offline Howard

LXDE windows theme? SOLVED
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:08:48 AM »
I am re-installing LXDE after an update crash.  Although I am trying to get used to KDE again I like to have the familiar LXDE available too - but in my latest instalment the menus and toolbars are all coming up white text on black backgrounds and I want to reverse this and I forget how to do it.

The only base LXDE available now is 2018.01 and that crashes on a full update, so I am only updating what I use on an as-needed basis (e.g. Firefox and Thunderbird need to be updated)
Linux doesn't need viruses it has upgrades instead!
I have five computers of various ages, the most powerful are an Asus UX305CA Zenbook and a Lenovo 310S; each has 1 or more versions of PCLOS of various vintages.  Location, St John's, NL. Canada

Offline kizito

Re: LXDE windows theme?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »
The LXDE Control Center (Configure your LXDE Desktop?) listed under 'More Applications > Configuration' may help.
In there there are sections for controlling look and feel via Openbox (the 'Themes' tab?) and GTK settings.

Regards
PCLinuxOS... Tough on Windows, tough on the causes of Windows

Offline Howard

Re: LXDE windows theme?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 07:20:34 PM »
Thanks kizito, I should have thought of looking there.

It was the GKT theme that I needed.
Linux doesn't need viruses it has upgrades instead!
I have five computers of various ages, the most powerful are an Asus UX305CA Zenbook and a Lenovo 310S; each has 1 or more versions of PCLOS of various vintages.  Location, St John's, NL. Canada

Offline kizito

Re: LXDE windows theme? SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 01:01:53 PM »
Good  :)
PCLinuxOS... Tough on Windows, tough on the causes of Windows