Author Topic: sad news  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Octocore

• New Friend
  • Eureka! It's PCLinuxOS!
sad news
« on: December 28, 2019, 06:07:50 AM »
I didn't know where to put this, My name is Kyle and my dad was forum member Sproggy or Kori

I know he has been a long time user of your software and he always loved being part of your community, it is with sad news that i am informing you that my dad passed away on 23rd December 2019

he had been battling cancer for a couple of years, it started in his bowel and ended in his lungs

even to the end he was still very jokey and wanted me to let you know he always felt at home with you all here

he left me with instructions that if anyone would like the master copies of his artwork that i can share them with them, please message and i can send them zipped seperately in email

his pc is going to stay with me so i will have access to his work

thanks

Kyle

Online Aragorn

Re: sad news
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 06:23:19 AM »
I never know what to say in situations like this, so I'll just offer you my condolences, Kyle.  I know what it's like to lose a parent ─ I lost both of mine over a two-year span when I was in my early thirties.

The one thing you may find consolation in is that your dad's suffering is now over, although it is of course always hardest for those who stay behind.  You have my sympathies.
= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

Offline smileeb

• smileesplace
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 06:30:08 AM »
I am very sorry to hear of the great loss to your family. He will be a great
loss to this OS and family. He was a great artist and created some very
beautiful graphics. He will be in my prayers and in many of the members of this forums prayers.
So sorry smileeb

Registered Linux User # 422728

Offline Xenaflux

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 06:42:39 AM »
Kyle
Very very sorry to read this.
I always enjoyed his artwork.

Xena
If I Try To Figure It Out Myself, It Takes A Week.
If I Ask You, It Takes One Hour !
Capito ?

Offline Old-Polack

• Administrator
  • Super Villain
  • ----IOFLU----
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 07:35:04 AM »

i don't know how long life has left so i am here to create art as that's what i enjoy most and share that with you guys ... i hope to see whatever time is left bringing some smiles to peoples faces before i am checked out

... peace & love people :D

Kori :D

Well said, and well done! You will be missed, old friend. Your art will be a lasting reminder of the joy you brought to share with this community.

... peace & love Kori.

Old-Polack

Of what use be there for joy, if not for the sharing thereof?

Lest we forget...

Offline tbschommer

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • In Tex we trust
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 07:53:54 AM »
Kyle,

first of all: I'm really very sorry for you loss.

I only knew your dad from the forum, but he was an integral part of the PCLinuxOS community. He always made me smile, was always friendly and helpful, just a great person to have around. His passing will be a great loss to us all.

Thank you for letting us know, even if this a hard time for you and your family.

I will always keep his memory in my heart.

Please donate or become a patron on Patreon

In memory of Joble, Tara-Rain-9.5ß, Sproggy

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 08:01:50 AM »
i don't know how long life has left so i am here to create art as that's what i enjoy most and share that with you guys ... i hope to see whatever time is left bringing some smiles to peoples faces before i am checked out

... peace & love people 

Kori 

That, to me, was the most memorable post of 2019.

I had long admired his graphics, but that gave an insight to the person. Much respect Sproggy.
I am glad you were able to return here for a short time before passing on for good.

I didn't know where to put this, My name is Kyle and my dad was forum member Sproggy or Kori

I know he has been a long time user of your software and he always loved being part of your community, it is with sad news that i am informing you that my dad passed away on 23rd December 2019

he had been battling cancer for a couple of years, it started in his bowel and ended in his lungs

even to the end he was still very jokey and wanted me to let you know he always felt at home with you all here

he left me with instructions that if anyone would like the master copies of his artwork that i can share them with them, please message and i can send them zipped seperately in email

his pc is going to stay with me so i will have access to his work

thanks

Kyle

Condolences on your loss, Kyle.

I hope when the time comes I can meet it with as much courage and determination as he did.

He will be sadly missed even by those who only knew him through the online forum.

"Posterity - a paultry form of eternity"  L. Cohen

Kernel: 5.4.12-pclos1;  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.17.5 ;  TK: QT 5.12.6; Mobo: ASUSTeK P8Z68-V PRO v: Rev 1.0.1;   CPU: Quad core i7-3770S;   Mem: 8 GB;   Graphics: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd;   Display:  LG 2560x1080 60Hz

Offline HD-Wildbill

• PCLinuxOS rocks!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 08:09:10 AM »
Kyle,
As others have said it is hard to come up with words in a time like this.  I'm sorry to hear about your dad Kori.  I just hope you are comforted in the knowledge that he brought joy to all the many who enjoyed his art work.  RIP Kori
Chimpbox with
Operating System: PCLinuxOS 2018
Qt Version: 5.12.1
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.54.0
Kernel Version: 4.14.81-pclos1
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Pentium® CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Intel Graphics

Offline mutse

• Doet wel, ziet niet om ... al doende leren
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »
He will be sadly missed.
A lot of strength during these days.
He will be in my prayers.

mutse.
*-PCLOS64-Maté - kernel: the latest and newest ... 5.4.xx* & -PCLOS64-Trinity - Kernel: the latest and newest ... 5.4.xx*

Offline jaydot

• Administrator
  • Super Villain
  • there is no limitation on imagination
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 10:04:23 AM »
Kyle, please accept my condolences. sproggy's art work has graced my desktop for several years now. his sense of fun will be missed. i hope his end was peaceful.
PCLinuxOS  Get it?  Got it?  Good!!   8)

We don't have any millionare angels or corporate backers paying the bills here, PLEASE DONATE.
http://www.pclinuxos.com/donations/

Offline parnote

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • PCLinuxOS Magazine Editor
    • The PCLinuxOS Magazine
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 10:28:13 AM »
I am deeply saddened by the news of Kori's passing. I considered him a dear, dear friend, even though we had never met "in person." For quite a while, he handled the layout of the magazine's HTML edition. We would talk for hours on IRC, and exchanged many, many emails. He was "present" for the birth of both of my children, and always asked about them. He adored them, even from afar and via the pictures I would share with him of the kids. For quite a long time, we had talked about how we could possibly meet, although the logistics of such a meeting always seemed to make it a long shot, with him in the UK and me here in the US. We became very close friends. I have many happy, warm memories of many, many conversations with Kori over the years. We always talked about sharing a pint when we met. One of the funniest things was when he tried to teach me to speak Cockney. Or when we "argued" about what constituted gravy, which seems to vary in the UK from what we consider it in the US ... specifically how "milk gravy" wasn't gravy at all, to him.

I send my most sincere and heart felt condolences to you, Kyle, as well as your mother, sister and brother. I know how much you all meant to Kori, as he would talk very frequently and fondly about you all. His passing leaves a huge hole in my heart, and indeed, represents a huge loss to his PCLinuxOS family.

Rest in peace, my fine friend!

Paul
PCLinuxOS Magazine Chief Editor

Linux Registered User #485009

In a world without walls, who needs Windows?

PCLinuxOS Wiki: Contribute tips/tricks/how-to's!

Offline The Chief

• Put Government Beast Back in Constitutional Cage
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 12:20:08 PM »
My deepest sympathies, kyle.  I know a bit of what you're feeling - I lost my dear wife of 60 years recently, to colon cancer. 

The worst part was knowing that there was absolutely nothing I could do to help her deal with it.

Retired Senior Chief, Retired Software Engineer, Active GrandPa
Dell 5755, 17 inch laptop, 1600x900 display, 12GB RAM, 2TB HDD, PCLinuxOS 2017.07 KDE5, updated on Thursdays (usually).

Offline JohnW_57

• PCLinuxOS Tester
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »
He will be missed.

Had a lot of IRC conversations in the past years on #pclinuxos with Kori.

JohnW
PCLinuxOS KDE Plasma/Frameworks 5 on: home build system:  Intel Core i7 4770K  (3.5 Ghz), Asus Z78-K motherboard, Corsair 8GB ddr3 (2x4) memory, MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Zero Frozr 4GB gddr5, Iiyama Prolite G2773HS 27" monitor, Samsung 840 EVO 120 SSD, 1TB WD (green) HDD (sata), LG GH24 DV

Offline nicko_nicko

• New Friend
  • PCLinuxOS rocks for ever! ...and Tex too#
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »
Kyle,

I'm really very sorry for you loss.

Offline w3ie

• You'll have to pry PCLOS from my Cold Dead Hands!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 03:53:04 PM »
Kyle, please accept my deepest condolences.
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AMD FX-8350 RAM:32 GiB SSD:SanDisk 480GB GeForce GTX 750 Ti w/KDE5 Mate TDE
Thinkpad T61 KDE5
Thinkpad X140e KDE5