Author Topic: ingeneral multi-tasking doesn't work well  (Read 176 times)

Offline yonnie

• Hallowed are the Ori!
ingeneral multi-tasking doesn't work well
« on: December 13, 2019, 08:38:53 AM »
when I'm on ancestry.com on multiple browsers, multiple screens, researching hundreds of people, it used to function with different user logins ie logged in as joe, sally or paul and moving data around the three persons.  Now when I try to do the same thing, it's a battle to maintain the separation.  I change the user on one it changes on the other automatically, it's like something past the browser is tracking me and altering the settings.  Is this a multitasking issue or is it a loss in browsing privacy issue and is there a way to resolve it?
“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
― Douglas Adams

Online Aragorn

Re: ingeneral multi-tasking doesn't work well
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 09:29:21 AM »
Most likely a privacy issue, yes.  Certain websites are notorious for tracking, and especially anything connecting to Google Analytics.

Whatever browser(s) you're using, set your privacy options to maximum and install a good tracking prevention add-on/extension.
= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

Offline yonnie

• Hallowed are the Ori!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 10:14:44 AM »
chrome doesn't seem to function at all, don't know why.  Opera and firefox are what's left.  If I login as a user on one the login changes to theuser same user on second browser but if third browser is different browser then login tolerated being different.  This adds complications to managing stuff and it would be a little easier if I had a third working browser, but chrome won't hunt, only on it's terms and since that is not dependable or useful I quit using it.  Like a pet that uses the carpet, no more house privileges.
I was hoping it would be something as simple as installing a "multitasking something" I've overlooked or doesn't install automatically along with typical updates.
“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
― Douglas Adams

Offline jaydot

• Administrator
  • Super Villain
  • there is no limitation on imagination
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:37:54 AM »
try waterfox and cyberfox, both in the repository. there's also palemoon, vivaldi and brave. i expect there may be more, but those are the ones i remember.
PCLinuxOS  Get it?  Got it?  Good!!   8)

We don't have any millionare angels or corporate backers paying the bills here, PLEASE DONATE.
http://www.pclinuxos.com/donations/

Offline yonnie

• Hallowed are the Ori!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:46:55 AM »
ok thanks
I donate every year
― Douglas Adams

Offline w3ie

• You'll have to pry PCLOS from my Cold Dead Hands!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »
try waterfox and cyberfox, both in the repository. there's also palemoon, vivaldi and brave. i expect there may be more, but those are the ones i remember.

Lotsa Browsers ;)
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AMD FX-8350 RAM:32 GiB SSD:SanDisk 480GB GeForce GTX 750 Ti w/KDE5 Mate TDE
Thinkpad T61 KDE5
Thinkpad X140e KDE5

Offline gilado

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »
Have you tried to use private window (firefox) or incognito mode (chrome) ?