Author Topic: why you all are seeing my old face back again  (Read 732 times)

Offline Sproggy

why you all are seeing my old face back again
« on: November 08, 2019, 07:02:40 AM »
well i got asked recently why i have returned to PCLinuxOS after so long away ... the last few years i have been very unwell progressively getting worse ...

being part of PCLinusOS community bought me so much joy when i was an active member ... it made me feel like i belonged somewhere for once ... but these last few years i have felt i needed to give something back and share some love with the group for that time

I have just finished another round of chemo & radio ... i have had 3 tumours removed from my bowel and the tumour in my lung has been shrunken but it is still there ... i have corrosive esophagitis, duodenitis, blood clots and nodules littering my lungs, sinus tachycardia, several auto-immune deficiencies cause by the chemo

i dont know how long life has left so i am here to create art as that's what i enjoy most and share that with you guys ... i hope to see whatever time is left bringing some smiles to peoples faces before i am checked out

hopefully this will clear up the curiosity ... peace & love people :D

Kori :D

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
Re: why you all are seeing my old face back again
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 07:16:14 AM »
I wish you the best with what life  has yet to offer you.

I hope you get many reasons to smile in the coming time.

I am also glad that you found you could return to 'the family' .......  I don't have a fatted calf to slaughter, but I will have a quaff or two to your enjoyment of living.  ;)

"Posterity - a paultry form of eternity"  L. Cohen

Kernel: 5.4.12-pclos1;  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.17.5 ;  TK: QT 5.12.6; Mobo: ASUSTeK P8Z68-V PRO v: Rev 1.0.1;   CPU: Quad core i7-3770S;   Mem: 8 GB;   Graphics: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd;   Display:  LG 2560x1080 60Hz

Online tbschommer

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • In Tex we trust
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:33:21 AM »
It's great that you want to spend your time here, Kori. I really hope you enjoy it, and who knows what future advancements we will see?

I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself, and do whatever makes you happy.

Torsten
Please donate or become a patron on Patreon

In memory of Joble, Tara-Rain-9.5ß, Sproggy

Offline parnote

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • PCLinuxOS Magazine Editor
    • The PCLinuxOS Magazine
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 07:51:02 AM »
So sorry, old friend, what you have gone through in recent years. So glad, old friend, that you are back "home" with your PCLinuxOS family. May you find comfort, peace and happiness with your old friends and family. Meanwhile, too bad we're not close enough to throw back a pint together!

PCLinuxOS Magazine Chief Editor

Linux Registered User #485009

In a world without walls, who needs Windows?

PCLinuxOS Wiki: Contribute tips/tricks/how-to's!

Offline The Chief

• Put Government Beast Back in Constitutional Cage
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »
I have just finished another round of chemo & radio ... i have had 3 tumours removed from my bowel and the tumour in my lung has been shrunken but it is still there ... i have corrosive esophagitis, duodenitis, blood clots and nodules littering my lungs, sinus tachycardia, several auto-immune deficiencies cause by the chemo

Hang in there and keep fighting, Sproggy.  I buried my dear wife of 60 years on Wednesday (the 6th of November).  She fought a long and painful battle with colon cancer, but the side effects of the chemo finally proved too much for her, so I know how it is. 

Hopefully you will have better results.

Retired Senior Chief, Retired Software Engineer, Active GrandPa
Dell 5755, 17 inch laptop, 1600x900 display, 12GB RAM, 2TB HDD, PCLinuxOS 2017.07 KDE5, updated on Thursdays (usually).

Online tbschommer

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • In Tex we trust
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 08:00:30 AM »

Hang in there and keep fighting, Sproggy.  I buried my dear wife of 60 years on Wednesday (the 6th of November).  She fought a long and painful battle with colon cancer, but the side effects of the chemo finally proved too much for her, so I know how it is. 

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Chief. My heart goes out to you and yours.
Please donate or become a patron on Patreon

In memory of Joble, Tara-Rain-9.5ß, Sproggy

Offline The Chief

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 08:06:27 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Chief. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Thanks tbschommer.  Fortunately I have two loving daughters and 5 wonderful and loving grand children, all living close by, to help me through this glitch in my life.  A glitch I would never wish on anyone.

Dell 5755, 17 inch laptop, 1600x900 display, 12GB RAM, 2TB HDD, PCLinuxOS 2017.07 KDE5, updated on Thursdays (usually).

Offline Sproggy

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 08:09:45 AM »

hey Chief ... so sorry for your loss ... i am glad you have family with you ... my family have been my rock so i know how precious they are to have close :D

Offline The Chief

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 08:15:28 AM »
my family have been my rock so i know how precious they are to have close :D
They will keep me sane and off the drugs or alcohol, which might well have been my first refuge.

Offline Meemaw

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 08:47:57 AM »
@Sproggy...  So happy you're back! Prayers for your continued improving health, and looking forward to all your awesome artwork.

@TheChief... So sorry for your loss! Having your family close is wonderful. Hope your PCLOS family can also be of a bit of help in your time of sorrow.

:)
PCLinuxOS Magazine Asst. Editor

We miss you, Joble!  (R.I.P. 10/13/11)
We miss you, Tara-Rain-9.5ß!  (R.I.P. 8/28/16)
We miss you, Sproggy! (R.I.P. 12/23/19)

Offline TerryH

• PCLinuxOS Tester
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 09:51:51 AM »
Sproggy, it was nice to see a long time contributor to the forum post again after a break.  It's good to read that your contributing your artwork, is giving you pleasure.  My thoughts are with you.

@Chief,  my condolences for your loss of your wife.  I'm glad you have strong family support at this time.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie........Eh!,  Eh!,  Eh!

Offline dm+

• PCLinuxOS Tester
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 09:58:13 AM »
Hang in there people! My thoughts are with you!

Offline kalwisti

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 11:36:03 AM »
Kori, I am sorry to hear about your health issues. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way for improved health. I'm glad that you have been able to return and share your artwork with us. I have fond memories of using your PCLinuxOS Phoenix Edition; it was a fun way to become familiar with Xfce.

Chief, I am very sorry to read about your wife's passing. I'm glad that you have family nearby to help you through this difficult time. Sending thoughts of comfort and strength your way.
Registered Linux User # 442201

ChimpBox: AMD Fusion APU A6-5200 processor, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD, M350 mini-ITX enclosure // MATE 64-bit

Offline horusfalcon

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Wayfarer of The Western Wastes
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
Sproggy, welcome back, even if not under the best of circumstances.  Cancer of any kind is beastly.  Don't give it the satisfaction.  (I will keep you in my prayers.)

Chief, so sorry, man.  It's tough to lose someone you've spent most of your life loving.  Let your family be there for you, and know that we in this community are here for you, too.

Love,
D

"The Way is not a matter of knowing or not knowing.  One word to a wise man; one lash to a bright horse."

Dell M4600, 4GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, GF106 HD Audio, Nvidia Quadro 2000M, dual monitors.  PCLinuxOS 2018.06 KDE + XFCE + LXQT updated weekly.

Offline w3ie

• You'll have to pry PCLOS from my Cold Dead Hands!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 05:07:33 AM »
@Sproggy
So sorry you have been dealt such a nasty hand!
I sincerely hope that the PCLinuxOS forum gang will bring a smile to your face as well :)

You have a tough opponent, but you keep punching and kicking!!!!

@The Chief

I am so sorry to hear of your loss!
I am glad to hear that you have family near to support and help keep you strong :)

I had a serious bout with Colorectal cancer in 2011 and ended up with a permanent Colostomy and over time a large parastomal hernia.
With this and agent orange issues I sometimes get discouraged then it kicks in, I have five beautiful children and five beautiful grandchildren and I'm good to go again :)

You both will be in my daily thoughts and prayers!

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AMD FX-8350 RAM:32 GiB SSD:SanDisk 480GB GeForce GTX 750 Ti w/KDE5 Mate TDE
Thinkpad T61 KDE5
Thinkpad X140e KDE5