Author Topic: Let's Get Connected  (Read 1053 times)

Offline ms_meme

• PCLOS Golden Oldies
Let's Get Connected
« on: September 07, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
Thanks to Texstar and PCLinuxOS, many members already feel connected. They meet in the Sandbox for fun or in the main forum for help or to help others.  And at the PCLOS chat too.
Did you know there is another way you might connect with others through the PCLinuxOS Magazine? 
I refer you to PCLinuxOS Connect a part of the PCLinuxOS Magazine site. 

There are many resources there that you might have seen elsewhere. We would like to expand this page to include links about you the user.

Some of you have listed a website on your profile that may tell more about you or your interests.  The problem is we might miss reading your website if you don't engage directly with others.  I don't think many of us go to the membership list to specifically check out websites.  But we might check them out if they were listed in one place.

We would like to list the websites of our most faithful members on the PCLinuxOS CONNECT page.  So if you need to spiff up your website a bit or if you have been meaning to include a website in your profile, do it now.   ;)

But wait!  Do you have a blog, a twitter/Facebook/Instagram/other account that you would like to share with your PCLinuxOS friends? 
I realize that not everyone wants to share everything with everybody else.  But if you want to CONNECT, we will add it to the CONNECT page too.

Here is what to do.  DO NOT post any links etc in this thread! Send a PM with any information/links/etc about what you would like to connect/share to me  -- ms_meme. I will collect and try to organize it all and then send your links to the magazine editors so they can include it on the CONNECT page.

Unless you change your website or make a new one, you need not send that link to me.  I have it from the membership list.  And yes, I did click on and read all the faithful member's websites.   Fun reading!     ::)

Let's Get Connected!

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
Re: Let's Get Connected
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 06:47:33 PM »
Texstar's Blog .....  the last entry there was Jan 2012 it seems

iluvpclinuxos (http://twitter.com/%21#/iluvpclinuxos): Tweets from Texstar, himself ........ gives "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

I think this is the link that was meant to be there .........  https://twitter.com/iluvpclinuxos ......  last entry Jul 2018 it seems.

No I have not had time to check all the others  ;)

Thanks for the info about that page!

"Posterity - a paultry form of eternity"  L. Cohen

Kernel: 5.4.12-pclos1;  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.17.5 ;  TK: QT 5.12.6; Mobo: ASUSTeK P8Z68-V PRO v: Rev 1.0.1;   CPU: Quad core i7-3770S;   Mem: 8 GB;   Graphics: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd;   Display:  LG 2560x1080 60Hz

Offline ms_meme

• PCLOS Golden Oldies
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 06:54:59 PM »

iluvpclinuxos (http://twitter.com/%21#/iluvpclinuxos): Tweets from Texstar, himself ........ gives "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

I think this is the link that was meant to be there .........  https://twitter.com/iluvpclinuxos ......  last entry Jul 2018 it seems.

Yes, thank you.  I had notified the editor about this earlier today and I am sure it will soon be changed.   

FYI that avatar you are using has already been spoken for.  But we will make allowances.   ;)

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 06:59:02 PM »

Yes, thank you.  I had notified the editor about this earlier today and I am sure it will soon be changed.   

FYI that avatar you are using has already been spoken for.  But we will make allowances.   ;)

He gave it up  :D

Kernel: 5.4.12-pclos1;  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.17.5 ;  TK: QT 5.12.6; Mobo: ASUSTeK P8Z68-V PRO v: Rev 1.0.1;   CPU: Quad core i7-3770S;   Mem: 8 GB;   Graphics: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd;   Display:  LG 2560x1080 60Hz

Online Mr. Cranky Pants - YouCanToo

• PCLinuxOS Tester
    • Where Monkey Business gets done.......
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »

Perhaps the right URL would help  https://twitter.com/Iluvpclinuxos
Not sure where you came up with that
Code: [Select]
%21#/ bit with

In memory of Dudley Do Wright - Feb 6 2009 - Oct 26 2016
ChimpBox Quad Core Prototype - AMD Fusion APU A4-5200 - Radeon HD8330 Graphics - 16GB DDR3 - KDE

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 07:02:53 PM »

Perhaps the right URL would help  https://twitter.com/Iluvpclinuxos
Not sure where you came up with that
Code: [Select]
%21#/ bit with

I would think my post was clear and it did also include the correct link.

As I write this, the incorrect link is still there!

Offline ms_meme

• PCLOS Golden Oldies
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »

I would think my post was clear and it did also include the correct link.

As I write this, the incorrect link is still there!

As much as I hate to admit it, the new kid on the block is correct.

My letter to the editor:

I went through some magazine links and only found one that led nowhere.  It was texstar's twitter account listed in the Connect section.  I know he doesn't tweet much anymore, but I still follow him.  The link is https://twitter.com/iluvpclinuxos instead of https://twitter.com/%21#/iluvpclinuxos.  I recommend that be corrected. We are still interested in his words...past and present.

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 04:01:12 PM »
Just checking that 'connect' page you linked to and except for the correction of the IluvpclinuxOS link, I see no new content linked to at all.

In addition, the existing links really need to be 'vetted', as, for instance, there seems to be only one Blog link that is current, the others being very much out of date. Maybe the old stuff should be archived or deleted?

So, just wondering when we can see 'the new improved' page appear.

Thanks.

Online parnote

• PCLinuxOS Magazine Editor
    • The PCLinuxOS Magazine
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 05:33:44 PM »
Just checking that 'connect' page you linked to and except for the correction of the IluvpclinuxOS link, I see no new content linked to at all.

In addition, the existing links really need to be 'vetted', as, for instance, there seems to be only one Blog link that is current, the others being very much out of date. Maybe the old stuff should be archived or deleted?

So, just wondering when we can see 'the new improved' page appear.

Thanks.

Due to "life," it'll be ready when it's ready.   :D
PCLinuxOS Magazine Chief Editor

Linux Registered User #485009

In a world without walls, who needs Windows?

PCLinuxOS Wiki: Contribute tips/tricks/how-to's!

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 05:35:24 PM »
Thanks parnote .......  I look forward to an announcement when ready so.   ;)

Offline ms_meme

• PCLOS Golden Oldies
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 05:23:21 PM »
Hey PCLinuxOS Friends!  We are ready to Connect!

We all read and enjoy the magazine and appreciate parnote, meemaw and youcantoo for the time they give and work they do putting the magazine together.

The PCLinuxOS Magazine website gives other resources besides links to the magazine.  PCLOS Connect  shares what members are up to when not in the forum.  And we all are curious about that!   ;)  The Connect page has been updated and gives user websites, blogs, social media and YouTube channels and much more!

We have done our best to include you. Sorry if anyone was left out!  If you don't see your link or you are new and want to be included, send me - ms_meme - a PM about your link/info and I will send it to parnote.  BUT it won't be included until the next update is scheduled.

Won't it be fun being a fly on the computer screen and seeing what everyone is doing?

Offline ms_meme

• PCLOS Golden Oldies
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 09:05:01 AM »
I visited every user's website as I was gathering the links for the Connection Page. I enjoyed reading a bit of each. 
I want to tell you about one that I especially like.  Aleph who joined our forum on August 30,2011 is an accomplished flutist.  His website tells about his background and accomplishments.  Best of all you can listen to him playing the flute accompanied by a guitarist. 

I joined Spotify today so I could hear his beautiful music.   :)  I am listening as I write.   ;)

Aleph, thank you for sharing.

I invite anyone to post here about what you found on the Connection Page.  Give a shout out to a member whether they are a professional or if they just share a bit of fun.

Offline Aleph

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 03:28:24 AM »
I visited every user's website as I was gathering the links for the Connection Page. I enjoyed reading a bit of each. 
I want to tell you about one that I especially like.  Aleph who joined our forum on August 30,2011 is an accomplished flutist.  His website tells about his background and accomplishments.  Best of all you can listen to him playing the flute accompanied by a guitarist. 

I joined Spotify today so I could hear his beautiful music.   :)  I am listening as I write.   ;)

Aleph, thank you for sharing.

I invite anyone to post here about what you found on the Connection Page.  Give a shout out to a member whether they are a professional or if they just share a bit of fun.

Thank you very much ms_meme! I'm glad that you like my website and that you enjoyed my music. It is a pleasure for me to share it with you.

I hope to continue enjoying PCLinuxOS and its family for a long time, without which it would not be the excellent operating system it is.

If you like we can also make a duet, you can accompany me with your guitar... ;)

I also hope to have a recital in Texas and meet TEX... :)

IceWM - KDE
aleph@pclosmail.com

Offline ms_meme

• PCLOS Golden Oldies
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 09:28:54 AM »

Thank you very much ms_meme! I'm glad that you like my website and that you enjoyed my music. It is a pleasure for me to share it with you.

I hope to continue enjoying PCLinuxOS and its family for a long time, without which it would not be the excellent operating system it is.

If you like we can also make a duet, you can accompany me with your guitar... ;)

I also hope to have a recital in Texas and meet TEX... :)

We wish you well on your Texas recital.  Texstar lives round about Houston so perhaps that is where you will play.  Houston is a great place to be from.  I was from there for 25 years.  It is also a great place to be away from.  I am happy to say I have been away from Houston for 25 years.   :)

A duet with me?  Be careful what you wish for!  In the November issue of the PCLinuxOS Magazine I will be singing a song that is accompanied by some flute music. The listeners might think it is you.  :o :o  :o  ;)