1. In the location bar type about:config and then press enter.
2. Search for network.protocol-handler.expose-all and change the value to false.
3. Try to open sop:// link on your favorite website and you will be presented with dialog box where you can search location of sopcast player. Navigate to ~/usr/bin and point to sopcast-player and click OK.
4. OK out of dialog box and now all sop:// links should open sopcast player automatically.
5. We can restore the value of network.protocol-handler.expose-all to true.
I changed network.protocol-handler.app.sop to network.protocol-handler.expose-all and it worked for me. When I followed the sources how to, it did not work for me.
Sopcast Player 0.3.3 have problem with full-screen mode to fix that you can do following:
1. Open Sopcast Player
2. Go to Edit and then Settings.
3. Under Media Player, mark “Use External Player” and in the command-filed write vlc.
4. Close the window.
Now you can from VLC watch Sopcast streams in full-screen mode and open Sopcast links within Firefox. I hope this how-to will help user of PCLinuxOS.