I have prepared a set of new configuration files.
Some of the changes:
* changed the menu.xml shutdown/reboot/sleep commands to use ConsoleKit and Upower commands, instead of HAL commands, as this one is deprecated, will disappear one day, and also once a while does hang in our systems without warning;
* added the option "-g" in the third line of menu.xml, so that the programs having a desktop file mentioning the gnome environment will have the entry available in right-click menus (see "openbox-menu --help for details);
* removed the part related to lxpanel "under" in rc.xml : it was not relevant. Only tint2 needed it;
* added entries for PCC and Synaptic in the menu.xml file;
* changed "synaptic" to "gksu -l synaptic" in rc.xml, so that you can continue launching it with keyboard keys "windows+s" without triggering an error message stating that it has to be launched as root;
* split autostart.sh in several files. One is for the default autostart.sh installed, the other ones have the comments translated and bear a locale extension (autostart.sh-en, autostart.sh-fr, autostart.sh-de, at the moment). Thanks to Leiche for his translation to German ! Fast and efficient, as usual !
* Readme, Lisez-moi and Lesen-bitte.txt reviewed and updated; Thanks again to Leiche for the German translation.
It will be available with a next openbox-menu version, and in the meanwhile you can have it here:openbox-menu.tar.bz2
Other configurations to be changed:
in your home directory:
# Executed by startx (run your windows manager from here)
we remove the "ck-launch-session". This allows to use the ConsoleKit commands to work, otherwise there are 2 sessions opened instead of one (even if gdm is configured with "Openbox" session instead of just Xscripts).
A detail you might appreciate to know about : if you have another session opened, and that can be in a tty, then you will not be able to shutdown or reboot before you quit that one session. This is a ConsoleKit thing, and I noticed there is no warning. Just type "ck-list-sessions" in a console, you will soon know if there is one session started or if there are more.
So I also changed the gdm setting from Xscripts to Openbox, but as I just said, it's not of a great help... unless maybe I would remove the .xsession file, but I didn't do the test. (too many files to switch and... more hurrying)
Ok, for the main part, I think it is all. If other things come back to my memory, I'll be back here.