First let us say
Greetings and Salutations!
You have chosen what we here consider the best little Linux Distro not just from Texas but the whole world over, we as a collective have great pride in being part of a community that is like a large extended family network.
We do ask that you take time to read the rules of the forum presented right here for convenience
Revised 17th June 2011
1. SEARCH before asking a question or posting a topic , as it may already exist. CLICK HERE TO SEARCH
2. Check the KNOWLEDGE BASE for answers to your questions.
3. When posting, choose the most appropriate area, to ensure it gets the most coverage by the right users
4. Choose an appropriate subject line. not just "Help Me!" or "I did something wrong" give a clue to the issue at hand
5. Be verbose with your issue, include what the issue is, hardware info , not stories of what you think you may have done...
6. Keep all HELP posts ON-TOPIC. This is IMPORTANT! if you have a different issue then make a new topic.
7. Make sure you have read the parent post completely before posting a reply.
8. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
9. Mark threads SOLVED when the issue is Solved (ie add the word SOLVED to the beginning of the Subject line of your original post)
10. DO NOT discuss anything about the unstable directories on the forums. The forums are for support of the stable directories ONLY.
11. Refrain from discussing politics or religion. This is a global community, discussions on these subjects is sure to cause the start of a
flame war and a disruption of the forums. Strictly Forbidden! (this includes signature's advocating such)
12. Refrain from using coarse/insulting/vulgar language. This is a PG-13 rated site!
13. Report to Moderator If you view a post you perceive to be a violation of the forum rules please click the "report to moderator" button and include a short note about what
the issue is. Do Not get involved, be part of the solution, not the problem.
14. We have a strong policy of not discussing the promotion of nor the dismissal of other distros, postings that do this will be removed, there may be occasions where distros are discussed in a neutral way, these posts will be generally coverd by a common-sense exception to allow their being, otherwise they will be removed.
15. Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. You may disagree strongly with an opinion someone has. Disagree with the opinion, not the person.
If you always use good manners and are polite to other people, your visits to the forum will be beneficial for all. Insults directed towards the site administrators,
moderators or how we run this forum will not be tolerated.
16. Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem.
17. Use mixed case. UPPER CASE LOOKS AS IF YOU ARE SHOUTING, and it is considered to be offensive.
18. No advertising or spam.
19. Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else.
20. Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
21. Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law. Please do not expose PCLinuxOS to any unnecessary
22. Do not make geographical assumptions. Our user base is globally distributed. Do not assume that other users reside in or are knowledgeable
about your country/region. In particular, references to landmarks, cities or states/provinces without mention of the country will likely render your
message incomprehensible to many users.
23. Have Patience, be polite and DONT PANIC
24. Software Additions Requests for software additions to the Official PCLinuxOS repositories can be made to the Package Suggest forum.
Please be sure to read the rules for posting to this forum first.
25.Read THIS >>> How To Keep Your System In Good Order
26. PCLinuxOS does not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new products or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when PCLinuxOS products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to PCLinuxOS.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. PCLinuxOS reserves the right to ban abusers from the site and possibly seek legal action against them.
Please PM us if you have any questions, concerns or recommendations regarding our Posting Policy.
Post Count Groups, (Stars)
0 - 9 New Friend
10 - 49 Jr. Member
50 - 249 Full Member
250 - 499 Sr. Member
500 - ... Hero Member
Additional notes for both new and existing linux users
You may have come form another distro, and be used to things being a little different to how things are here, please remember that one of the reasons you may have moved from the last distro is that you wanted to have something ... different, so with that in mind please do not rely on information or behaviour traits gained from the previous distro, we are different, and proud to be.
example: we do not believe that the 'popular' usage of sudo is inline with good security practice, we do not advocate it, nore support its use within the forum, you may well like using it, that is a personal choice that you have chosen for yourself
Please feel free to make community improvemant suggestions, but if a moderator, administrator or developer states that it will not happen due to our internal development doctrine or policy do not take offense take it as a clear decisive answer to query.
Likewise if you find a post has been removed, please do not post about it within the forum (this will get you a bad reputation internally and if it happens an enforced 'time-out'), instead ask one of the moderators or administrators to clarify the reason for its removal, should you not be happy with the answer then speak to one other moderator/administrator (and only one) we will then discuss and come back with a decision that the forum team will abide by
These forums are for the discussion and support of PCLinuxOS, not Distro(X) .
Likewise if you have a problem with the way a particular developer handles their Distro, please take it up within the appropriate Distro's forum, where your comments will have the potential to change the way that Distro works.
and Remember PCLinuxOS is not Distro(X)
Ok heavy bit over now
Please enjoy your stay with PCLinuxOS, we hope that you enjoy being here , that you can participate and help out, and should it be that PCLinuxOS is not for you then that is ok, as it is choice that makes our little corner of this world that bit more special
Thanks for reading.