I am failing at this to say the least. I went to the homepage. I found the LXDE desktop under the Get PCLinuxOS bar. I searched for Synaptics, it came up with forum topics. On the LXDE download page there is only the Live CD download. Sorry for wasting your time.
Calm down, take a deep breath, and let's finish one task at a time, okay? You're not "wasting" anyone's time, unless you intend to.
1) Go to the page you went to with the live CD downloads (iso files). Pick the one you want to try. Download the file to your computer.
2) Burn the image (iso file) to a CD. If you are a Windows user, there are instructions on how to create the CD at the bottom of each download page. If you need more help, ask.
3) Set your computer to boot from the CD instead of your hard drive. If your BIOS is not already set up to boot from a CD/DVD first, it's just a matter of changing the device boot order. If you need help, ask.
4) Once you have booted the CD, you will see an icon that looks like this:
in the same area where Windows launch programs would be. If you see nothing there, click the PC icon, which is in the same place the Windows Start button would be, then browse the menu to Software Center > Synaptic Package Manager. Click it and it will start the Synaptic program. Once the window opens, click the big Search button at the top of the window. In the search box, type "PCLinuxOS-liveusb
" (without the quotes) in the search box. Click the Search button in the Find window. After the program is showing in the list, right-click it. Then choose Mark for installation. Then click the big Apply button at the top of the window, in the same row as the Search button. Last, click the Apply button in the Summary window.
5) Wait for all the progress windows to close, You can then close the Synaptic program.
The liveusb creator is a command line tool. You will, most likely, want help with using it, once you've gotten this far.
If you downloaded the LXDE CD, the PCLinuxOS Live USB Creator will already be in the menu. (See Neal's post below.) If you installed it from Synaptic, it will appear in the menu, in the same place.
7) The forum is just a few clicks away. Note that if you have an ethernet connection, you will already have internet access after booting the live CD. Most wireless connections will work, too. Start Firefox, or whatever the installed web browser program is. The web browsers are almost always in the left-hand side of the task bar, or the same area where the Windows launch programs menu is. The web browser will probably be pre-configured to go to http://www.pclinuxos.com/
by default. If not, just type "pclinuxos.com" (without the quotes) in the URL area. Once there, click the Forum
link at the top of the page.
One thing at a time. Deep breaths.