thanks Tex, that's right
But tomorrow I planned on updating addlocale archives and no longer fiddle with lomanager because I'm pretty sure that 3.3.1-3 should work just fine. I tested it this morning on a system with OO installed, as well as with/without LibreOffice installed. Let's try the following and assuming any version of OpenOffice has been removed and LibreOffice is not or partially installed: 1) clean out your current system:
-> start Synaptic, search for "libreoffice" and uninstall anything found
-> open a konsole as normal user and enter:
rm -fr ~/.libreoffice
press enter, and provide your root-password, you now have the red root-prompt. Then enter the following:/bin/rm -fr /root/.libreoffice /root/LOtmp /tmp/LO-rpms
/bin/rm -f /opt/libreoffice* /usr/share/icons/libreoffice-* /tmp/xsulomanager /tmp/inet.log* /tmp/index.html*
2) the output you posted seems to be ok until
usr/bin/lomanager: line 612: 6963 Killed $ZEN2 --title="$TITLE" --info --timeout 7 --text "Verifying and extracting LO-base package..."
a) lomanager killed itself at this line or did you kill it? Line 612 of lomanager3.3.1-3 does not show this ZEN2 command which in fact is happening before at line 533 so this output looks strange to me.
b) when lomanager is running you should have seen this sequence of windows saying
- "getting LO-base package..." and a progress bar taking ~ 5 mins (depending on your connection speed) to download the base-package
- "getting LO-help package..." and a progress bar taking ~ 40 secs (depending on your connection speed) to download the help-package
- "Verifying and extracting" for about 3 secs
- a white Xterm window with the title "Installing LibreOffice..." showing the installation taking place.
- a windows asking to keep or delete the packages (at this stage the LO-installation is already done)
ljjr, could you please
- clean your system as described in 1),
- as normal user, run lomanager again: watch out for the windows showing up described in 2b) and the time to download the packages and do not interrupt the script! Let me know what happens and at which stage the script crashes.