Teigha Viewer is a free cross-platform application provided by the ODA for the visualization of CAD drawing files. It incorporates the power and flexibility of Teigha for .dwg files and Teigha for .dgn files into a single application that can render both .dwg files and .dgn files using a common command interface for both formats.
In addition to serving as a rendering tool, Teigha Viewer can be used as a test container application for TX developers. TX developers can load custom TX modules and run custom commands from the console, and can also customize the Teigha Viewer menus.
ODA members are utilizing the Teigha platform to create thousands of CAD and technical graphics applications across a wide variety of engineering domains. Teigha Viewer highlights only a small subset of the full platform capabilities.
Teigha Viewer contains the following features:
* Load, save, and render .dwg and .dgn files.
* Recover and audit damaged .dwg files.
* Zoom, pan, orbit, and select various preset 3D views.
* Select an active layout via drawing window tabs.
* Edit layer properties using the Layer Properties Manager (turn layers on/off, etc.).
* Use menu and command window interfaces.
* Customize menus via .cui files.
* Load Teigha Extension (TX) plug-ins on demand or explicity via user request.
Print support will be added in a future release.
Teigha Viewer Command Reference
Teigha Viewer is available for the following platforms:
* Linux (OpenSUSE 11.2 x86)
* Mac OS/X (Leopard x86 10.5 or later)
* Windows (XP or later)http://www.opendesign.com/teigha_viewerhttp://www.opendesign.com/guestfileshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.dwg