Hi there everyone,
This is my first attempt at packaging so go easy on me. Am attempting to package postgresql version 9.0.2 I know it isn't the easiest one to start with, but I really need this package so thought I would give it a go. This is what I did in my Minime VBox install:
1) Downloaded previous pclos postgresql srpm package. Right click and select 'Install SRPM for Build'
2) Replaced the source file with the updated 9.0.2 source and changed the reference in the SPEC file to 9.0 etc
3) Build all - Error message
4) Downloaded Mandriva srpm package for postgresql. Right click and select 'Install SRPM for Build'
5) I deleted all of the Mandriva files except for the SPEC file and then went through the pclos and Mandriva spec files line by line, incorporating the two, but trying to keep pclos dominant
6) Build all on new hybrid spec file - Builds!
7) Install with rpm -ivh - installs and the program seems to run fine (haven't tested it fully yet though)
So success you may think, however the version naming for each of the packages is wrong in synaptic e.g. instead of 9.0.2-1pclos2010 it is 9.0.2-1pclos20102010. I must have set something up wrong in the spec file, but it is a bit beyond me at the moment. I am also a bit confused about what the
relates to (perhaps it can be removed from the file). Anyway here is the full spec file (http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=3hUBshCz
).... welcome to any suggestions / advice....