Malware?!?! And (up until now) I thought Linux was supposed to be malware-free...
Anyway, let me back-track:
The first report was « Reply #13 on: Today at 06:49:08 PM »
The next report was « Reply #20 on: Today at 07:47:30 PM »
So there is almost exactly one hour in between.
The stuff I did:
- Deleted and then installed dkms and x11 nvidia drivers (as Texstar suggested in Reply #10)... but I remember doing this *before* my first report... I could be wrong though...
- Reinstalled Google Earth (coz I was thinking maybe the problem is with Google Earth -- it wasn't, and it still doesn't launch)
- Updated Synaptic package sources list and reloaded (as stated by Texstar in this message.)
- Ran "Update Package Sources List" from Taskbar >Software Center and chose a different package mirror based on what's fastest in the repo speed test
- Web browsing
- Downloading some documents (direct download)
- Testing some KTorrent downloads
- hmmmmm.... that's probably all of them
Btw, I ran that line command again (just to make sure the checksum is still what it was the last time we checked):
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Feb 19 21:25 /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 835292 Feb 15 21:57 /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Feb 19 21:25 /usr/lib/nvidia96xx/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.96.43.19*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 564468 Jan 21 09:14 /usr/lib/nvidia96xx/libGL.so.96.43.19*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Feb 20 07:22 /usr/lib/nvidia-current/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.260.19.36*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 809916 Feb 16 00:14 /usr/lib/nvidia-current/libGL.so.260.19.36*
... and I think it still is. (whew)