I downloaded 188.8.131.52 from kernel.org and patched with today's bfs patch. I did not add any other pclos patches. I used the existing .config file and make oldconfig. I accepted all defaults to the remaining questions, then make && make modules_install && make install. I am now testing this kernel. I have no problems with alsa, or any hardware. The interactive response is 'very noticeably' improved. It makes everything seem very fast. This is the best my computer has run with any software combination, yet. This is with kde4 fully updated. I am going to continue to test to see if there appears any bugs, pitfalls, tradeoffs, etc. But so far, so good!