1. No background and My Documents folder. Logot/guest login fixed.
Is that the version of September 7th ? I just tried it in Virtualbox and I get the background alright. Just you don't have an icon for desktop at the first login...
2. "Erase all disk" and "Use existing partitions" - dangerous for a newbie. Their default actions are installing over existing installed OS or data partitions. (I know this is not OB feature but...)
This belongs to draklive-install : it's out of my hands. If you want to hack the drakdisk program to change it, though, you are welcome. I would have thought that replacing it with gparted, or maybe even ubiquity, could have been a good idea. ^^
As I am not a programmer, I leave it to other people to dive hands in the code.
I will finish with this : this version is intended to provide a very small version created on a very clean one : a cli iso made by etjr. Once debugged and finalised, do what you want with it ! (under the usual GPL conditions of course).
For Midori you are right, I forgot to erase the directory in /home/guest, I will do it at once.
3. Some shortcuts of a particular program are overtaken by PCManFM shortcuts. For example Ctrl+S in Leafpad invokes Synaptic instead of saving, as it is shown under File in menu, have to do it by mouse; Ctrl+D in Sakura doesn't do exit but minimises/maximises all windows; Alt+Tab doesn't switch between windows.
I didn't change that yet ? I check. → right I changed it. Are you testing the very latest version ? This one ? →pclinuxos-openbox-mini-2010-09-07.isopclinuxos-openbox-mini-2010-09-07.md5
There is still a midori directory in /etc/skel/.config, I just erased it, for next version to come.
4. Default file system for installation is ext2. No choice for another.
pclinuxos-openbox-mini-2010-09-07 in Virtualbox : just installed in ext4. In Virtualbox I always pick "personalized" and create my partitions myself. On real installs, I always use Gparted before installing.
Maybe you had it formatted to ext2, and then you could not get out of the draklive-install anymore ? In this case I sugest you just close it, then restart it and erase whatever partition you need to reformat. Or use cfdisk, or fdisk, or gparted.
II. HD installation.
1. No background and My Documents folder. Logot/guest login does not fixed. Starting file manager does not fixed. Root account also without background.
There's no Desktop directory created in /home/<user>. Creating mannually doesnt change background situation but the system puts there pcmanfm.desktop.
2. The same as p.3 above.
This really looks like the preceeding versions, up to the 2010-09-06. For the 07, I did a tweak to ensure having at least a background without icons, additionnally to the panel.
For the pager, I remove it. If you want to use multidesktop, use shortkeys : Ctrl+Space bar + right or left arrow. *I just wanted a panel offering a menu that works well* (unline the old fbpanel, and I didn't test the new fbpanel as nobody had done configurations for it yet : and I don't have time to learn how to create configuration files for it).
If you wish to have a pager that works well, you need a full lxde, or to create your own version on top of this one in a way or another. (I have tried a xfce4 panel, but I was not satisfied as it needed many more packages to look at least as functional as a lxpanel by itself).
Thanks for this feedback,