I recently tried switching from LXDE to E17 and can't for the life of me figure out the following:
1) The editor kate is missing an a picture in the icon, how do i add it (in LXDE you would just open the icon in an editor and edit it...
2) How do I set a screensaver
3) How do I add buttons to the desktop
4) Is there a trash can option like KDE or no?
5) Important: How do I make it show dropbox notifications and that dropbox is running!
I've been playing and playing with it, but it's just not trivial somehow... sorry if i'm missing something obvious.
EDIT: I've fixed #1 and PARTIALLY #5. (I'll put all my answers in here in the hopes it helps somebody)!
1) Change the picture by right clicking on the kate link, then change icon properties, then under icon put in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/kate.png
5) Under the settings, go to apps. Then click startup applications then click dropbox. It should work after that. However, under LXDE and KDE I can right click dropbox and get a bunch of information (how much free space, recent files etc...). How do I do this under E17?