As you can see, I'm brand new to the forums. I'm new to PCLinuxOS, but not to Linux or KDE. All I can say is that I'm lovin' PCLinuxOS 2010.7 and I'm glad to be a part of the community. So, without further ado, let's get started.
First off, for the uninitiated, what is the Fast Switch User plasmoid? You can find all the necessary info here: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/fast+user+switch?content=127462
, but it's pretty self-explanatory. It's a plasmoid designed to let users quickly switch between users. It's still in its infancy, but it's pretty usable and stable. If you're using KDE4, this is a great little feature.
Let's make sure we have our build-deps:
1) Open up synaptic.
2) Search for the following:
Mark all 3 for installation. That's all I really needed to compile it. I started from a clean install, so I'm assuming that's all you'll need.
Now, let's download and build it.
1) Download the source here: http://kde-look.org/content/download.php?content=127462&id=1&tan=81412593
2) Extract the tarball. Open up Dolphin, navigate to the folder it downloaded to (more than likely, Downloads), right click it and select "Extract Archive Here."
3) Open up Konsole (Terminal). Press alt+F2 and search for "Konsole."
4) Move into the directory of the folder. Since I'm assuming the folder is in ~/Downloads, that's what I'm going to instruct. If it is not, then you'll have to adjust as needed.
5) Make a build directory and move into it.
6) Prepare the code for compilation.
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(kde4-config --prefix) ../
7) Make and finally install.
then, we have to give super user permissions.
enter your password and then, move back to the directory.
7) Now, let's exit super user mode and finish the installation.
If all went well, then you'll have a shiny new plasmoid in your widgets browser. Enjoy!