First Release: Version 0.0.8-2 (Pre Alpha)http://www.box.net/shared/43eu9hsllj
To install, unzip anywhere and run install.sh as root.Make sure you cd to the directory of install.sh firstDo not install this on your main machine.
I think all bugs are gone, but I can't be sure.
Information about this new update notifier is on the previous page of this thread.
Currently, there is no PCC integration.
PCC integration was planed, but I decided to drop it for several reasons:
- The PCC runs as root, currently the settings for update-notifier are at ~/.update-notify and if the config window is run as root the update-notifier won't be able to read the settings when it starts
- PCC integration would require two separate files, one for the config window and one for the rest of the app
- There are very few options in the config window, when maximized, it looks really weird
- I couldn't decide where in the PCC the link should be.
- If PCC integration is wanted, it can be added back very easily