The first time I did a remaster, about a year ago, it didn't work. It booted and went through the whole install process until the very last part, then just quit, weird... That was using the defaults.
More recently, I did a remaster about a month ago. I killed the temp, history, and cache files before making my live-cd. It was 2-gigs mind you, but I had left some music and pictures in /home.
Did a wipe and install a week and a half ago. Everything came back like it was suppose to. No hours and hours spent making it to where I like it.
You'd think Mac and Windoze would catch onto something like this.....