Here is a tip for PCLOS and MiniMe 2010:
If after the installation you feel that the performance is not really what it should, check the power saving settings.
- Go to KDE Control Center ("Configure your Desktop")
- Go to "Advanced User Settings" and then to "Power Management"
- Click on "Edit Profiles".
- In the "Performance" profile, in the "CPU and System" tab, verify that "CPU and frequency scaling" is set to "Performance"
- Enjoy the full speed of PCLOS!
I just found out that by default, the performance setting is still reducing the CPU speed in half. That is good for laptops (saves power) running on batteries, but it's not needed for desktops and laptops when connected to AC.
By the way, Textar and friends, is this intentional? Should this be changed in an update?