I have pclinuxos 2010 lxde installed on one of my PCs where I am testing various things. What I would like to do is try the latest build of PCMan - currently 0.9.4. I am up to the basics of unpacking tarballs and compiling from source. I won't cry if I bork my install.
Unfortunately I am really a debian-man (sad I know I know). I am trying to work out where to get the files and then sort out the dependency issues. The sourceforge site says I need these:
* automake >= 1.9
* libgtk2.0-dev >= 2.6
* libglib2.0-dev >= 2.6 (2.10+ is highly recommended)
* libgamin-dev or libfam-dev (libgamin is better)
* libhal-dev (Required when --enable-hal configure option is used)
* libdbus-1-dev (Required when --enable-hal configure option is used)
* libhal-storage-dev (Required when --enable-hal configure option is used)
None of them are in the 2010 repo - presumably too new if they were ever there.
My first question is - would there be a pclinuxos repo that might have these files? If not, would there be any point in trying them from Mandriva, say? I presume they have to be in rpm format - I don't want to have to do conversions unless I have to.
Can anyone enlighten me a bit?