After I installed the KDE 2010 final I installed some programs I use, among them Skype. The first day Skype v 184.108.40.206 worked well and the sound was ok. However the next day I could hear but the person I was talking to couldn't hear me. I tried to do some normal changes in the programs sound settings and changed the system standard to the card specific for my microphone, but nothing helped.
After this I uninstalled Skype and was trying to install an old version 1.4 that had worked well with PCLOS2009, but in this version the mic did not work either. So I uninstalled v1.4 and went for reinstalling the 220.127.116.11 again. However only the skype_static version not the skype is now found in the repositories, so I installed that which showed out to be the latest version 18.104.22.168. But no working mic this time either!
I have always had sound setting problems with Skype on Linux. In PCLOS 2009 one solution was to uninstall the Pulseadio and use Skype v1.4. This time in PCLOS 2010 I now got it to work with Skype_static v22.214.171.124 and by installing Pulseaudio!
Letś see for how long...