Please refer to the image attached below, for the comparison results. Tests were conducted in the following manner, after an initial reboot:
1) Launch GKrellm;
2) Launch KSnapshot, click 'New Snapshot' button;
3) Wait several minutes, while observing indicated system activity;
4) Perform the screen capture when indicated activity constant, and remaining at a minimum;
5) Save screencap, close apps, Logout;
6) Log in to next environment, repeat test procedures.
All screencaps were then edited in GIMP, re-assembled into a new image, labeled, and Saved.
Reviewing the results now cause me to wonder: what do AfterStep, KDE4, and XFCE4 have in common?