looks like you either use an unreliable repo in Synaptic or maybe you have another problem to connect to the Internet? Could you please ensure
1) you use only one but a reliable repo in Synaptic:
- Open Synaptic , click on Settings -> Repositories
- If belnet.be is checked uncheck and select another repository (you could use heanet or pclosusers; please do not use belnet at this time)
- Ensure to have only one repository checked. Then follow these steps
to fully update your system. This last step must complete successfully and to be extra sure you could do a reboot afterwards.
2) run: PCmenu -> System -> Configuration -> Get OpenOffice
select your OpenOffice locale and it should work.
If step 2 does not work as expected you may have a corrupted previous installation attempt. To fix that start getopenoffice again and select "Completely remove OO". Then follow step 2 again to install a fresh copy of OpenOffice.
hope this helps, if not make sure to follow point 7 and 8 in the getopenoffice
post and provide detailed information here.