Just want to share the news how I got Neat scanner to work in PCLinuxOS.
1. As root, gave the command sane-find-scanner -q
This command gave me the following two valuesvendor=0x07b3, product=0x0412
2. Through a quick google search and SANE website I found that I needed the file cism216.fw
3. I got this file from the website http://gkall.hobby.nl/cism216.fw
4. As root, I saved this file into /usr/share/sane/gt68xx/cism216.fw
( I needed to create the directory gt68xx before I saved this file)
5. Fired xsane and it immediately found this scanner and all is well.
The quality of the scan in linux is not as great as the native software provided by the company for windows. But it is not bad either. Probably I may need to tinker with the settings little bit.
Just as a side note, the vendor was listed as Plustek.
Thought I will share this with others who might be in the same boat as I was.