Here is how to connect to the internet with a Blackberry Storm tethered via USB cable.
1. Open Synaptic
2. enter root password
3. press Reload button
4. press Search button
5. Search for barry
6. Install all barry packages
Now that Barry is installed we need to edit the configuration file. there are several different config files in this directory for different cell phone companies. This tutorial only covers connecting to Verizon.
1. open /etc/ppp/peers/barry-verizon
in a text editor
2. Toward the top of the file we need to change the user and password. Set user to firstname.lastname@example.org
and password is vzw as seen in the example below:user “email@example.com”
3. Now towards the bottom of the barry-verizon file we need add your phones password to the end of the command as seen below - you have to add the -P password after the pty "/usr/sbin/pppob" linepty “/usr/sbin/pppob -P stormpassword”
set a password for your phone or this will not work
!Set the password in your Options > Passwords on your Storm - if you have not done so already.
4. Save the changes to the barry-verizon file and close it
5. Connect your blackberry. If it prompts for mass mode, select YES.
6. Open a terminal and type pppd call barry-verizon
7. You should see it connect and assign you an IP number in the terminal. You are online!
8. Leave terminal open while connected....control-c to discommect
Let me know how it works for you!
Game Not Over,