Although by this time it is probably common knowledge, a recent change in aMule made me think that it might be useful for someone to sum up how to associate ed2k links to aMule from Firefox and Konqueror.
1) Type in the address bar: "about:config"
2) In some white/blank section of the screen inside Firefox, right-click and select NEW/NUEVO; then BOOLEAN/LOGICO and paste the following:
3) In some white/blank section..., right-click and select NEW/NUEVO; then STRING/CADENA and paste:
4) In some white/blank section..., right-click and select NEW/NUEVO; then BOOLEAN/LOGICO and paste:
1) Download the attached file (ed2k.protocol.txt);
2) Rename it to ed2k.protocol;
3) Copy it as root to /usr/share/services/ and restart Konqueror (remember to kill all of its instances).
There is a minor problem: when I upgraded a few days ago to aMule 2.2.4, the updgrade seems to have removed ed2k from /usr/bin and replaced it with ed2k-amule.
To fix this issue, there are, I believe, two alternatives:
a) in Firefox, in step 3 above, change /usr/bin/ed2k to /usr/bin/ed2k-amule.
In Konqueror, open the attached file (ed2k.protocol) and replace /usr/bin/ed2k with /usr/bin/ed2k-amule.
b) Open /usr/bin as root and copy or link ed2k-amule to ed2k.
The second alternative worked fine for me.
I hope this is of use to someone.