can you please let me know:
1) does your Internet connection work, or can you browse the Internet ?
2) since you updated everything you use GOO version 1.0 in KDE 3, KDE 4, Gnome, XFCE?
3) did you run 'getopenoffice' in a konsole in the root account, or from a root konsole in your user account?
4) don't rename /var/cache/apt/archives/partial that is a very bad idea...
Please try the following steps in the given sequence and let me know how this works:
First of all, please logout of your current session and login to a new session, I assume your Internet connection is working, then:
a) in your user account, open a konsole and enter:
xhost +; kdesu getopenoffice you should now get the GOO window to select the locale. After the installation has finished enter:
xhost -b) if the previous step did not work and if you can access freebsd with firefox then you should be able to install OO via Synaptic. Most likely the Synaptic configuration for this entry is not correct. Try this:
- remove your previous OO-repo configuration in Synaptic and make sure Synaptic is closed.
- open a konsole and become root using the command:
su -- copy/paste and enter this command:
echo "rpm ftp://ftp.nl.freebsd.org/pub/os/Linux/distr/texstar/openoffice/apt/ pclinuxos/2009 openoffice" >> /etc/apt/sources.list- exit the konsole
- open Synaptic, press Reload, press Search and look for "task-openoffice3" and then select your OO locale. When done, de-select the OO-repo in Synaptic.
c) wait 1/2 days for the new version GOO 1.1 (should not be necessary as a) or b) should do the trick)
let me know how things go,