addlocale 4.0 coming to your repo soon with these changes:
- command-line options added: if interested enter: addlocale --help
- addlocale version test now properly checks against ibiblio-repo
- display relevant info on respective webpages
- added browser detection
- improved setup when run from non en_US systems
- added test for outdated rpm-chain
- added test for local repo
- updated all translations
- added progress bars for package checking and installation
- verification of package availability and download
- added installation logfile: /tmp/addlocale-install.log
- still todo: add a progress bar when downloading the required language packages
Note: Changing from a non en_US locale to another non en_US locale should not but may
create problems due to atypical command-line output in the foreign language. There shouldn't be any problem but just in case: it is always safer to first revert to the default en_US system and then add a new localization.
Anyway, enough for today...