addlocale 2.4 is out having the following changes:
* the installation/upgrade of OO has been completely rewritten in addlocale (AL). This part has also been extracted and adjusted to become a new standalone application called GetOpenOffice
(GOO), which is now available in the repo.
* test for sufficient disk-space when installing a new locale and/or OO in both, live session and installation
* resumable download of translation archive including test for network interrupt or temporary server failure
* if OO is not installed but enough space is available you will get the option to add a localized OO to the new localization
* PCLinuxOS version check added, addlocale can only work on 2009.1 or later, or on an older version which has been fully upgraded.
* improved test for correct Synaptic configuration
* fixed issues when being used in some locales like Arabic.
* Czech OO had a problem
* OO-dictionary information was partly wrong assigned
* removed testing of latest package refresh which could interfere with update-notifier
Please also note the updates with respect to the live-session in the original post.