announcing addlocale 2.1 (check for it in the repos in the next days):
new features in version 2.1:
* logout has been reworked to function better
* translation definitions (mo-file database) updated to June, 3
* REINSTALL mode has been completely removed and is now replaced by FAST-mode alone.
* Reload package information will only be done if it never happened or longer than 1 hour before running addlocale.
and the big news:
* addlocale can now be run from a live-session, instructions for a live session
- start the 2009.1 liveCD (will not work with the 2007 or MiniME in live-session, they need to be installed AND updated first!) and login to the guest or root account.
- ensure to have a working Internet connection, then start Synaptic, Reload, search for and install only
addlocale (must be version 2.1 or later). Then close Synaptic.
- run addlocale: Start -> System -> Configuration -> Add Locale or from a root shell: /usr/sbin/addlocale
- choose your locale and once addlocale has finished it should log out, if not you do it yourself but do not reboot
- login to the guest or root account and continue using your localized live-session or install the already localized system to your hard disk by clicking the desktop icon 'Install PCLinuxOS'
The new live-session feature is something I wanted to have in addlocale from the very beginning and I'm very happy that it works finally. This also means that addlocale is now feature complete unless someone suggests something which should be included. The next version is foreseen once we have the new OO3.1 in our repos. Until then, have fun with the new addlocale 2.1!
I will update the original post when 2.1 is in the repos.