Out of home, I use Bluetooth DialUp Networking with my Nokia E6 Symbian phone using Idea 3G network.
I do this to set it up:
- I pair the phone and laptop using BlueDevil and set it as trusted on the laptop.
- On the phone, I set it to allow my laptop to connect without asking for permission each time.
- Then I go to PCC > Network and Internet > Set up a new network interface and set up a Bluetooth dial up connection.
- It ends successfully and I am able to browse.
- I can disconnect and reconnect using right clicking of Net_applet without any problem.
However, once I reboot, and try to use Net_applet to connect, it fails with a pop-up saying "Network down on interface ppp0".
I have looked up the scripts in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and to my untrained eye things looked OK.
How should I go about investigating this?