Yes, Andy is in a 'odd place' it seems.
If you don't know what your looking for you can cause yourself some grief with 'Wild Mushrooms'.
In nature Red generally means warning (!) regarding wild foods, berries, etc., as I was referencing actually to stay away from the Red spotted ones, although if you skin them maybe you can eat them safely, not recommended in Australia.
Thus the Strychnine was a warning, not a go for it, as the effects aren't at all pleasant. I have to laugh that they used Strychnine; "for enhancing performance in sports." ( Big too Doo about all sports broke here in Aus concerning 'performance enhancing drugs', and substances yesterday.)
Different area here, getting back to M'rooms, compared to Europe.
Gold Top Hallucinogenic ones grow everywhere, in clusters under the pine trees. They're in all the parks, boulevards, forests of which the British planted copious amounts of Pines after there arrival in 1776; containing hallucinogenic compounds, most commonly psilocybin and psilocin. -- Strychnine is a poison was my point.http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/drug-profiles/mushrooms
The hallucinogens are a chemically diverse class. Grouping the hallucinogens based on their chemical structure includes, but is not limited to, three major classes: indolealkylamines or tryptamines (e.g. LSD, psilocybine and psilocin), phenethylamines, including mescaline and methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA); and cannabinoids.
I've seen some terrible cases of people eating wild mushrooms, vomitting, cramping, and also as a kid gone through cow paddocks with my family picking the lovely big umbrella shaped creamy topped, with brown fanned undersides which was always a great day out, and lovely food.
Of course after my parent asked the permission of the Farmer.
I hope I never come across a badger.