Got Full Monty which has been pretty good at pushing both standard speakers and a Burr-Brown USB audio device (fm transmitter). it's been great as I can use both simultaneously with different things as necessary.
Problem is that I've found that when I need to restart the USB/XMMS device no longer work. Up till now, I've rebooted a couple times and it just starts working again. This time, it seems to be totally out for lunch.
The sound from the speakers is ok, but can't get XMMS to use the USB device again.
No settings appear to have been changed:
1. Pulseaudio is on
2. Alsa is selected in XMMS.
3. Same audio device (2,0) selected.
Can't find anything that would be different.
When I try to start the online audio stream in XMMS, which I want broadcast through the USB fm transmitter, I get a window from xmms that tells me to check:
1. the soundcard configuration -- check
2. correct output plugin -- check
3. No other program blocking the soundcard -- Well, this happens after a cold restart even. If it is being blocked, I have no idea what it would be.
When PcLOS is starting up and the desktop is loaded, I get sound from the speakers ok...and the LED on the USB xmitter lights so it is being adressed somehow.
just no sound.