I have a Realtek media card reader and after much searching and a plethora of completely wrong instructions and/or wrong drivers I got it working. If you have a similar device it will show up as an "unassigned class device 5289"
Proceed as follows:
* Download the following file (to downloads probably) :https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/971876/+attachment/2991730/+files/rts_bpp.tar.bz2
* In Dolphin (or equivelent) right click and "Extract > Extract Archive here"
* Open a terminal window
* Navigate to Downloads / rts_bpp
* At the command prompt enter
* Enter root password
* Type the following commands:
* To get the driver working instantly type the following or reboot