This will be a work in progress as I see 3 iso's to be tested, 1st one done by command line statement
I am using the OS that I am starting to suspect:
[root@localhost zz]# mkisofs -R -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o /zmkiso/just17testmethod.iso /zz
This was your initial set of options you chose for mkisofs
, the ISO generated without any problem.
LiveHDD generation sailed through with flying colours, I even got the naming I wanted
. The liveHDD placed on /dev/sda8
Running/booting the the liveHDD and then installing to KDE32 to /dev/sdb15 without any problem.
Stanzas moved into to master menu.lst
The installed KDE32 rebooted and immediately fully updated then installed Opera and had a quick trouble free look around on Forum and the net.
The simple command line I used for generating my useable ISO had one option -r:
[root@localhost zz]# mkisofs -o /zmkiso/NewOption_KDE32-2012.12.iso -r /zz
LiveHDD placed on /dev/sda8 (same partition where your liveHDD is I am just reminding viewers that one can have a string of liveHDD's sitting in a partition, even one already having a full linux file system as well. From management point of view not recommended though
gets a bit messy)
Running the liveHDD and then installing PCLinuxOS KDE32 to /dev/sda20 no problem
Stanza moved to master menu.lst and system rebooted.
Immediately did a full update and then installed Opera. Had a quick look around and now writing this update from the system.
With 3 hard disks installed that is a first, actually think this is the first time ever. On your system I even checked that the bootloader.pm was modifed. This is looking good.
Just17 full options set used for generating the ISO:
[root@localhost zz]# mkisofs -l -R -J -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad -v -v -o /zmkiso/Just17-full-options.iso /zz
No problem, file size the same as the other two.
The generated report had some interesting extra lines.
liveHDD file naturally placed in /dev/sda8 with the other two
Stanza placed in master menu.lst system rebooted
Fully upgraded and then Opera installed, a bit of looking around nothing noticed to be out of place.
was eventually burned successfully at 4x to Verbatim DVD-RW, after I had forced fully formatted/erased it, using:
[root@localhost gert]# dvd+rw-format -force=full /dev/sr0
I had it waiting for an opportune moment to actually have to do something about the apparent lack mounting the disk again after the write, really weird. It was burned using the installed via liveHDD and fully updated system based on the same ISO. The liveCD booted on my system nicely. I am using it now and half accidentally fully updated the liveCD and also installed Opera.
I have also made bootable USB Toshiba 4GB stick, just figuring out which pc will be easiest to get to boot from USB, think it will be the little Toshiba Tecra I5
This morning I have tested the USB stick on my Toshiba Tecra, has a nice facility to easily switch boot device. Worked flawlessly.
My plan now will be to make a mylivecd of one of the new installs but with some of my basic customisations.