Being able to record video from the old cam I decided to see if I could record the audio from the uvc cam instead of the old cams MIC.
The settings allowed it.
It did not crash when recording and appeared to work OK ..... unfortunately there was no sound on the audio track in the saved file
Eventually, by accident rather than design, this worked.
I got an .avi file with video from the old camera and audio from the uvc camera.
It appears that the old camera is causing a problem for Guvcview when trying to use its MIC.
So for main functions this looks like it is good to go.
There are a few things that do not appear to be functioning for me ........
1. I do not see FPS shown when I tick the box
2. The Capture Image button does not appear to function
3. I expected 'tool-tips' to appear when I hovered over the various buttons, but there are none. There is, for instance a "Save" button, which offers to save a "default.gpfl" file ..... but no explanation of what this is.
4. I see no 'Help' menu, so the significance of selecting "Take Picture by Default" or "Take video by Default" is not explained.
5. The VU meter does not appear when that box is ticked.
I have not checked the Audio Effects, but the video filters work.
Extra: For the devs of Guvcview I would like to see the capability of turning off the video (as I can the audio) so that I can record only audio from the source. I realise this is not a concern of the packager
That's it for the moment.
If you have any tests you would like me to perform please let me know