FF: This wasn't what I expected...
[mdm@localhost ~]$ su root
[root@localhost mdm]# iwlist wlan1 bitrate
wlan1 4 available bit-rates :
Current Bit Rate:54 Mb/s
Someone told me once look, so I did.
rtl8192c_common: Loading firmware file rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw.bin
ndiswrapper version 1.58rc1 loaded (smp=yes, preempt=yes)
Then you said:
I removed ndiswrapper completely. Then I blacklisted the native rtl8192cu driver
dmesg and terminal messages give great hints, but not always the complete
So you were right. Two drivers were trying to load. Problem should be
solved then sounds like.
But keep the above in reserve, the default is auto bitrate detection
and the unix manual I read says some lazy cards go idle, and the bitrate's
don't mesh all the time when suddenly becoming active. Setting it at fixed 54M will
not allow it to go lazy, basically, per the iwconfig command for that, and
resolve disconnections if any further. I'm not an expert but all my stuff
Have a good one.