Ah gotcha. sorry, been have a hard time concentrating lately. (Maybe I have a "Brain Cloud" lol)
(if running the reg 32bit ver. would help it would only take about 25min to do, I've gotten fairly adept at it.)
Running a new install as of yesterday of LDXE 64 RC1 with only a full update from Synaptic,
have installed nothing else.
Commit Log for Wed Jul 18 14:03:04 2012
Removed the following packages:
Upgraded the following packages:
bleachbit (0.9.2-1pclos2012) to 0.9.3-1pclos2012
curl (7.25.0-2pclos2012) to 7.26.0-1pclos2012
firefox (13.0-1pclos2012) to 14.0.1-1pclos2012
gimp (2.8.0-1pclos2012) to 2.8.0-2pclos2012
gpicview (0.2.2-1pclos2011) to 0.2.3-4pclos2012
grep (2.12-1pclos2012) to 2.13-1pclos2012
lib64curl4 (7.25.0-2pclos2012) to 7.26.0-1pclos2012
lib64gegl0.2_0 (0.2.0-1pclos2012) to 0.2.0-2pclos2012
lib64gimp2.0_0 (2.8.0-1pclos2012) to 2.8.0-2pclos2012
lib64lua5.1 (5.1.4-1pclos2011) to 5.1.4-2pclos2012
libfm (0.1.17-1pclos2011) to 0.1.17-4pclos2012
libfm-gtk (0.1.17-1pclos2011) to 0.1.17-4pclos2012
pcmanfm (0.9.10-1pclos2011) to 0.9.10-5pclos2012
syslinux (3.85-1pclos2011) to 4.05-1pclos2012
Installed the following packages:
Before the update I can change any directory or file permission or ability to "execute" to what ever I want. (I like user only for "My Documents") by right clicking and setting permissions under properties, same as I have for the five odd year I've used PCLinuxOS.
After doing a update from Synaptic (posted above) only minutes after a new install, This time LXDE 64 RC1 (Have done LXDE Mini twice as well), I loose that ability, even in root, the permissions change but as soon as I click "ok" they change back.
Current permissions for /home/me
view content anyone
change content only owner
access control anyone
Current permissions for /home/me//Documents
view content only owner and group
change content nobody
access control anyone
With the directory's It no longer ask if I want to change the permissions of all contents of the directory.
I have a separate USB harddrive That I have a new Install of LXDE 12-06 32bit that I have customized but not done a update on, Works perfectly. It remains with full ability to change any directory or file as well, I've been using it instead of this (the IDE Seagate) because of that. (it's my new backup)
It just seems really weird that it only affects the permissions (or what controls the permissons ) after an update so I suspected it was something in the update causing it.
I have gotten the same results from both the 32 bit (2 installs) and 64 bit ver.(current install)
Have done a FSCK -f /dev/sda1 and on sda5, the two partitions of the Seagate from a live USB after making sure they were un-mounted
Can't remember the last time a update or a reboot didn't fix my problem, so I've seemed to have lost what ever trouble shooting ability's I had, if in fact I ever had any.