can you do the following test on the computer that locked up earlier? i am trying to pin point the lockup with the cryptsetup people.
1. what kernel were you running when you got the lock up?
2. what are your computer spec?
1. log in as root.
2. create a 5GB file with the following command:
dd if=/dev/zero of=zzz bs=1000 count=5M
3. create a cryptsetup mapper with below command,enter random password when asked
cryptsetup --cipher=aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 --hash=ripemd160 --key-size=256 create zzz zzz
4. write random data to the file through the mapper
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mapper/zzz bs=1000 count=5M
did the last command return without the computer hanging?
it it succeeded, them run this command to remove the mapper
cryptsetup remove zzz