I desperately need help with PcLiuxOs 2012 KDE installation.
The last couples of weeks is the beginning of my linux life. I've tried several distros of linux on VirtualBox, like another distro, fedora,opensuse and Arch Linux, and I'm pretty sure fedora is my favourite out of all these. But when I came across PclinuxOs later and got it on VirtualBox, I really love love love this system, I like the theme, the color, the background, the fonts, the sizes, it's just like my dream desktop in my first impression, and I've tried it on VirtualBox several days, it works perfectly,by the way.
So I decided to install to my hard drive.
Here is my situation.
I've already have Win7 which is formatted with NTFS running at first partition(Active of course) of my HD, and it works well. And I decided to install PclinuxOs into my second partition(sda5) which I formatted into EXT4 by using Gparted beforehand.
I've tried two methods.
1. Burn into CD using ISOrecorder which is mentioned by PclinuxOs website(md5sum checked, of course).
Boot with CD,and then comes these steps.
- then page of texts showing on the black screen(no screenshot)
- again page of texts showing on the black screen really quickly this time, so I cannot get any useful hints on what's wrong with it.(no screenshot)
- finally, sits at the black screen for a long long time, and I cannot get any further, no matter I run "liveCD" or "install PcLinuxOs" in the first place.
2. Using EasyBCD software to add an entry in the boot menu.
Everything is the same as the above, except this time, it didnot go black, but sits at this screen for a long long long long time.
And the blue progress bar goes down all the way to the end this time and sits there. by the way.
Is anyone know any solution by this situation?
Would be very appreciated for any help.
I really DO DO DO into this system, and want it on my hard disk.