Can you guys please test this combination kernel 3.2.18-2 and dkms-broadcom-wl.5_100_82_112:
Now start Synaptic, reload, search for b43. There are 3 packages starting with b43. None of them should be installed when using dkms-broadcom-wl.5_100_82. In case they are installed please uninstall them, then reboot and report back if the wlan works for kernel 3.2.18-2 and dkms-broadcom-wl.5_100_82_112.
Based on these instructions, here's what I did this morning:
1. Did a Synaptic update for everything EXCEPT dkms-broadcom-wl.5_100_82_112
2. After all downloads were completed and changes were applied, searched for kernel 3.2.18 bfs and marked for installation
3. Did not bother to search/click for installation of dkms-broadcom-wl.5_100_82_112 because kernel 3.2.18 requires it to be installed anyway
4. Clicked Apply > Apply and after all downloads were completed and changes were applied, searched for packages starting with b43 (there are only 3)
5. Marked all 3 packages starting with b43 for removal
6. Clicked Apply > Apply and after changes were applied, closed Synaptic and restarted the netbook
7. Upon reboot and loading of desktop.... wlan was connected automatically and internet connection was OK!
Many thanks, pinoc for the quick posting of solution. Hope this could help others as well. Marking this thread solved.