OK, here are thelpstat -v results, and what I tried and ITS result:
[root@Linux1 ~]# lpstat -v
device for EPSON: dnssd://EPSON%20WP-4530%20Series._ipp._tcp.local/
device for LaserJet: dnssd://PS-7308D0-U1._printer._tcp.local/
[root@Linux1 ~]# cupsenable dnssd://EPSON%20WP-4530%20Series._ipp._tcp.local/
cupsenable: Operation failed: client-error-not-found
In the Control Center, when I snap on Epson, under Printer State, it says "Processing - Processing Page 1... Which it plainly isn't, because the display window is not lit.
I'm not sure that the entry after cupsenable is what you had in mind. Tried some variations on it: omitted dnssd: or omitted dnssd:// but got same error.
FWIW, when the Windows machine wasn't seeing the printer either, its first "thought" was that the printer was not connected. However that now works.
I don't know why the printer quit. what I was doing, I printed (from KSnapshot) a picture of the screen in portrait mode, and thought it looked unreadable, told it print again,
this time in landscape, but it did nothing, and has continued that way, regardless of picture orientation. The printer is perfectly capable of printing in landscape mode, and
I just made a similar print from Windows to prove it to myself.
Thanx for the input. Don't know what next. . . doug