I use also Smart Package Manager 1.4.1 because sometimes I need:
- check Content package
- install older package (previous)
- delete icon in the search packages are not intuitive, I click often clean where I need search package
( search icon should be on the right instead of the icons clean )
- I don't see history log installed package ,
so I use this only when synaptic is not enough to do something more.
I would be happy if the:
- was the ability to remove a package with all previously installed on your system, if the relationship is not used by other programs. In urpmi this is possible but I don't tested , so I don't know.
- Language Translation status: ( On the right-down you have ...— View only preferred languages ]
- Development https://code.launchpad.net/smart
Aaaa Something else worries me.
- When new users update system, do not know that some a packets needs manually update,
example Libre Office , Virtualbox.
Super if manager will activate the scripts in order to update the software.
I hope this will safe.
I want also in manager filtr package
-> like orphaner for clean system, ( this exist in pclos -> rpmorphaner )
I want list package
- which are not dependencies other package
If you want to clean up your Ubuntu or Debian machine and delete unnecessary (orphaned) deb packages you can use utility deborphan.
I want also catalogs in manager , where I can istall all package needed for example kde , fce , lxde, one click.
I want see "dependency tree" in info package in manager from spec.file. ( In rpm binary spec file exist? )
The best option that additives were used as a plug manager, then as someone does not like a heavy manager to remove the plug , example plug with filtr.
I like also from synaptic , list package from search , this is helpfully when I 'm looking many packages for check or install, because I can back to previous search.