Hello, today i want to write a small how to install and run Battlefield Play 4 Free on our great PCLinuxOS
So, lets get this done:
1. Open synaptic and install PlayOnLinux:
2. Next we need to install winetricks:
3. Now run PlayOnLinux, and choose install, from list of available programs we select Internet > MozillFirefox:
while installing we will be asked to chose plugins that will be installed, select flash player i java.
4. in main window of PlayOnLinux choose Tools and next Manage Wine versions:
5. From list of available wine versions we select 1.3.31 and install it:
6. After installation in main window of play on linux we select firefox and click Configure:
7. In first tab we select wine version to that we just have installed 1.3.31:
8. In third tab (winetricks) we select and install those packages:
Do not install direct x or any of his components!! Only those two packages mentioned before.
9. In Graphic tab we choose the right amount of video memory that is installed on our graphic card:
10. Lets run firefox now and go to game web site:http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/
we need to log in (or create account) and click PLAY NOW!, the installation will begin, we need to accept two windows with licenses, leave default settings and destination as thei are and wait until it installs.
11. When installation is finished, start the game, change your settings and PLAY!!!
Good luck :-)
My installation was based on this video (thanks davvvvve):
Ps. sorry for my english
I'll try to answer any questions.
Ps2. Screens came from polish version of Play on Linux so some options name may be different in your version
Full screen is not working on my computer, but the game is working fine! blog.sloniupl.cba.pl