Lately, I started playing with owncloud
. You can try it here
I was searching a minimal system (terminal prefered) but couldn't find one.
So I used openbox mini.
You can download and testowncloud-2011-12.iso
Please give feedback and help to improove it since I'm not very familiar with technology. I study vet medicine.
First, I installed owncloud from the site.
I checked repositories and found out that it's there. So I downloaded it from there.
Next step was to set it up.
1. Install task-lamp
apt-get install task-lamp
Where are the?mysql-administrator
2. Not sure about permissions.
chown -R apache:apache owncloud
3. Start installationhttp://localhost/owncloud/index.php
It'll show you possible missing dependencies. Mine were:
4. There you must give username-password
I didn't create database. I tried using phpMyAdmin
but couldn't figure out how to login (since I hit enter for password).
So I did it the hard way (please tell me if I made a mistake).
$ mysql -u root -pCreate User
CREATE USER 'owncloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'owncloud';Create a Database in MySQL
CREATE DATABASE owncloudGRANT privileges to a user for a new database
GRANT USAGE ON owncloud.* to owncloud@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'owncloud';GRANT ALL privileges to a user
GRANT ALL ON owncloud.* to owncloud@localhost ;
I used owncloud
as user and pass everywhere to be easier for my example.
5. I also installed some extras (as I saw from their site).
apt-get install mp3info curl php-curl
6. I installed draklive-install
I think there might be problem with the permissions on the ISO. So it's better to be installed.
I'm not sure yet what's happening with the firewall. If someone tests it, let us know.
================================================================THNIGS TO BE DONE:
1. Increase the limit of upload file size.
- Open the PHP configuration file in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, look for:
upload_max_filesize = 2M
- In place of 2M write the maximum size you want to be allowed.
I couldn't find where this php.ini is.
2. Change the data directory.
- Open the file $apacheFolder/owncloud/config/config.php
- Change $CONFIG_DATADIRECTORY to the folder you want.
It’s recommended to put your data folder outside of your apache folder for security reasons.
You also need to set the owner of such directory to the webserver (apache):
sudo chown -R apache:apache ~/OwnCloud
3. Graphical environment or terminal?
Since this can or will be used by other computers, is the graphical login and the graphics needed? This will save a lot of space (I think) on the ISO file.