Author Topic: Hint: Possible Problem and Solution - Hang on booting Live CD - KDE2011.09  (Read 7735 times)

Offline ⅆα√ℯℂ§

• PCLinuxOS: A revolution in personal computing

This has happened to me a couple of times, when it got to loading the Wireless driver booting from live CD. I have a G-202 dongle, and the solution was simply to unplug the dongle at which point it continued to the desktop. Plugging the dongle back in, I was able to set up the wireless connection, and once installed there was no problem. I have reported this to Texstar but I've put this here in case anyone else has the same problem.

If you have a laptop/netbook, obviously you cannot unplug a dongle, the solution might be to use whatever keys disable the wireless, then re-enable once at the desktop.

I suspect this only happens with a small number of hardware configurations.
PCLinuxOS has no wealthy sponsors and can only survive with your donations! Don't wait it might be too late.

Running PCLinuxOS on Pentium G4600 with 16Gb Ram using Asus H110i-Plus Mobo and 2TB SSD in M350 case (Chimpbox)
Also Lenovo B50-45 Laptop with SSD upgrade.

mark304

Interesting, I'll give this a try. Thanks, Mark304
No such luck to be able to disable the wireless NIC in my laptop, gut feel is that this may be the root of my problem.

Offline Dan

• PCLinuxOS rocks!
Re: Hint: Possible Problem and Solution - Hang on booting Live CD - KDE2011.09
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:33:03 PM »
Hey Mark304 I've found most of the laptops I've gotten into the wireless card was pretty easy to access, you might be able to just disconnect it untill you get to the desktop. Don't know if it will work but no harm trying I guess.

Offline Legs11

• PCLinuxOS Tester
  • Super Villain
  • Veni Vidi Vici MLU
Re: Hint: Possible Problem and Solution - Hang on booting Live CD - KDE2011.09
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:14:13 PM »
Hey Mark304 I've found most of the laptops I've gotten into the wireless card was pretty easy to access, you might be able to just disconnect it untill you get to the desktop. Don't know if it will work but no harm trying I guess.

Dan, this thread is years old, and Mark is no longer a forum member.  ;)
"Posterity - a paultry form of eternity"  L. Cohen

Kernel: 5.4.12-pclos1;  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.17.5 ;  TK: QT 5.12.6; Mobo: ASUSTeK P8Z68-V PRO v: Rev 1.0.1;   CPU: Quad core i7-3770S;   Mem: 8 GB;   Graphics: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd;   Display:  LG 2560x1080 60Hz