The FullMonty Desktop
All about the Community Release of the FullMonty 2013 KDE Desktop.
Release Date: 04-04-2013
KDE FullMonty (pclinuxos-kde-fullmonty-2013.04.iso)
Size: 4037 MB DVD
Produced by: Pinoc
User Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
What is KDE-FullMonty?
KDE FullMonty = regular PCLinuxOS KDE installation + special desktop layout + many applications & drivers preinstalled.
FM applies a new concept: activity-focused virtual desktop layout, which is designed to address typical user-needs/tasks, make their life easy, and working on the computer straightforward and fun. So, what does the typical user do with a computer?
1) check email/internet/chat/IM? Goto desktop 1 and you find all you need directly on the desktop.
2) office work to do? Goto desktop 2 where you will find LibreOffice, kile, scribus, etc…
3) want to play a quick game? Goto desktop 3 and relax with a quick game
4) listen to or convert music, watch/make DVDs, etc? Goto desktop 4 for any multimedia task
5) working with images/photos? Goto desktop 5 to scan, post-process, draw, etc.
6) system info/administration/configuration? All on desktop 6.
Just click the desktop for your activity and start working in a dedicated environment….
* kernel 3.2.18 bfs, Full KDE 4.10.1 Desktop, added many apps, and fully updated
* all kind of drivers/applications to deal with any kind of external hardware like cell-phones, scanner, printer, webcam, TV, Bluetooth, IPod, radio, etc.
* 6 activity-focused virtual desktop layout, each with task-related desktop launchers of popular applications. Independent of the selected virtual desktop, any application can be accessed from the PCmenu.
* customized fixes for wine and other applications; customized toolbar layout for konqueror, dolphin, and kwrite; window-focus strictly under mouse
* suggested minimum HW-requirements: 1 GB RAM, 20 GB harddisk, (3D-graphic card – not mandatory but strongly recommended).
More detailed information can be found on the PCLinuxOS forum.
Where to download Full Monty DVD