There were a lot of updates to the PCLinuxOS repository last week. Here is a list of interesting updates and new packages.
We continue to fill out the KDE 4 repository by adding/updating the following KDE 4 ports. DoAsRoot – Service menu, Kdenlive – Video editor, Krename – File rename, Choqok – micro blogging client, Kding – Dictionary application, Konversation – Irc client, Krusader – File manager, Rekonq - a webkit based Web broswer and Quassel – Irc client. Those who have converted from KDE 3 and testing KDE 4 generally have had a positive experience. The debate however continues as to why such a radical change in the way the new desktop operates as opposed to the previous 3.x version.
Packages new to the repository include:
- Bnes – A very accurate SNES Emulator.
- Kupfer – An application launcher for Gnome
- MoneyManagerEx – A easy to use personal finance manager
- Nfoview - A simple viewer for NFO files
- Transmission-QT – The QT port of the popular bitorrent client.
- TVMosaic – Mosaic Viewer of TV channels from a DVB tuner.
- VNStatGui – A frontend to monitor traffic on your network connection.
Notable package updates this week include:
- DivFix++ - a program to fix broken AVI streams updated.
- Bleachblit – a program to reclaim disk space updated to fix a missing menu entry
- Glest – a 3D real time strategy game updated to version 3.2.2
- Gmpc – a GTK2 frontend to mpd updated
- Gnome Commander – a file manager similar to Norton Commander updated to 188.8.131.52
- Gphotoframe – a gnome photo gadget updated
- InvulgoTracker – Time tracker for your projects and tasks updated
- Kernel – a security issue update to close local exploit in net.c code reported last week
- Lifeograph – a diary to take personal notes on life updated to 0.5.3
- Listen – a musical manager for Gnome updated to fix a missing dependency
- MhWaveEdit – a graphical program for editing sound files updated to 1.4.16
- Mscore – a music composition and notation application updated .
- Mypaint – a simple paint program updated to 0,7,1
- Filezilla – a fast FTP client updated to latest version
- Gimp – a great paint program updated to 2.6.7
- Nted – a musical score program updated
- Pdfedit – an editor for manupulating PDF documents updated to 0.4.3
- Redbook – a personal diary updated to 0.8.4
- Seamonkey – a full internet suite updated to latest version
- Viewnior – a simple image viewing program updated
- Youtubedl – updated to fix a dl problem
In testing this week:
- Hplip – updated to fix a parallel print build option
- Nvidia – driver updated to 185.18.31
- Samba – updated to version 3.3.7